I know that this seems a little late for me to be talking about strollers considering our boys are almost completely finished with them. However, had I only known, 7 years ago how serious it is to choose the right stroller, I would have taken more time to figure out which one was best.
I bought the Maclaren Volo last week at a resale shop for our upcoming San Diego trip and it was a lifesaver. Yes we already had a cheapy umbrella stroller from WalMart that we dropped only $15 on, but with that being said, it was rickety, too short to comfortably push, sun shade was useless, no storage and you had to bend over and use two hands to fold it up. I pushed our "new" stroller all over the San Diego Zoo and Sea World with one or both the boys in it and couldn't help thinking "Oh, if I had only known." Disney, here we come!
Here are my top reasons I love this stroller:
- Mesh, think garden hose for cleaning
- Light, think connecting in an airport from valet check to the end of the jetway before the mad dash to the next flight
- Sturdy, Patrick is only 40lbs and it goes up to 50!
- Really small folded, fits sideways in the truck of our Jetta
- Storage basket
- Large, useful sunshade
- You can fold and unfold it with one hand and your foot
So for those of you looking for your first or a new lightweight, umbrella, it would be worth your while looking into these little buggers. It may save you a whole lot of hassle in the long run.