Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Fall take on Lasagna

Butternut Squash with Sage Lasagna!
(photo courtesy of MarthaStewart.com, we were all too floured in the homemade noodles to manage the camera!)

I made this lasagna tonight and it was delicious. The roasted butternut squash sort of caramelized in the roasting pan with the help of the olive oil and almost didn't make it into the lasagna. I'm convinced this is the best way to fix all that winter squash in a way that is so yummy. Toss it with olive oil, salt and pepper and bake it for 30-40 min at 425 or so. YUM!

OK, so here's the recipe from Martha herself. It's fun to make pasta from scratch and the boys had fun rolling it through the pasta machine but if you don't have one then don't bother. Just go for the boxed noodles. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. wow, you are awesome. this was killer for me to make. yummy, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The home made noodles kind of put it over the top. Makes it good though. I think I may try to make those in advance next time. I'm glad you liked it. Man you are fast. We still have leftovers and you've already managed to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. i must be the biggest woos, but i didn't even make the noodles from scratch. i think i was just so intimidated by the butternut squash - i've never cooked with one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey hannah! ok so my grandmother would like to know the receipt for your grandmothers chutney. please get back to me soon! thanks:) happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete