Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The love language of little boys


I never understood why my mom would shriek, "LARRY!" every time my dad started in on the wrestling thing with my brother and I. But now I do. It's crazy! It's dangerous! And not to mention loud! There are a lot of other things we can do as a family that get our kids to smile but let's face it, there's nothing that comes even close to the shrill of two little voices in excitement, laughter and sheer anticipation as when their Daddy wrestles them.

 You can't get them laughing this hard by tickling them, but get a little rowdy and you are on to something.

 And look who else has a big smile on his face! This is the "get the green hat," game.

These guys are actually not bad at ducking an incoming "friend"

I think, no I'm positive girls grow out of this. Dads, however just use it as an excuse to act crazy at any given part of the day: like total animals. There's something primal about it that I don't get. All I know, is that my boys love it, crave and in the end really benefit from it. It's the love language of little boys with their fathers. And although I am still finding ways to cope with the anxiety it causes me for all of their safety, they need it, ALL of them.

 

1 comment:

  1. I gotta say, Justin your a great dad. They sure love you, but who couldn't love you McBrayers ? Miss you guys ! We might come up there and Ski, in April. We could visit you. Sound good ? :)

    ReplyDelete